Biomedical Equipment Technician
Trudell Medical Marketing Limited currently has an excellent and exciting opportunity for a position as a Biomedical Equipment Technician. This position will work with the Biomedical Technical Coordinator to provide technical support, including installations, testing, calibrations and repairs on designated TMML products, in house and within the field.
Qualification Requirements and Skills:
Education and Experience
- College diploma in Biomedical Technology or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of Biomedical service experience and working with medical equipment
- Experience working in a hospital is an asset
Specialized Skill or Knowledge
- Professional demeanour
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license and at least 3 years of driving experience holding a full-priviledge passenger vehicle license
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of the team
- Ability to identify equipment issues and implement services required to restore equipment to a satisfactory state
- Proven technical/mechanical skills to carry out services and repairs as required
- Good time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize
- Ability to visualize end results and how installations/repairs should be performed
- High attention to detail
- Technical and analytical skills required
- Stamina to endure services required in awkward position for long periods of time
- Dexterity, enabling fine mechanical/technical work to be completed with accuracy
- Written and verbal communication skills - a. Ability to liaise and make meaning of information with all levels b. Excellent listening and interpretation skills c. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to lift 50lbs. (23kg)
- Ability to sit and stand while conducting repairs
- A satisfactory vulnerability sector/police check, relevant to being in a hospital with vulnerable persons will be required
Since 1922, Trudell Medical Marketing Limited, a member of the Trudell Medical Group, has been a stable and financially sound Canadian-based employer, headquartered in London, Ontario. For over 90 years, we have enjoyed the reputation of being successful and trustworthy in the eyes of our customers, our suppliers and our staff. We are passionate about selling, servicing and distributing technologically advanced Critical Care and Respiratory products and state-of-the-art Operating Room products to hospitals across Canada.
We offer development opportunities, employee recognition, fair and equitable compensation. Please submit your resume, to Human Resources, at email@example.com.
At the applicant's request, TMML will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information, visit us at www.tmml.com. Trudell Medical Marketing Limited is an equal opportunity employer it is important to our Company that all its employees, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. If you are a candidate with a disability who requires accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.