Trudell Medical Marketing Limited (TMML) is committed to making reasonable efforts to ensure that all people with disabilities including all customers will be treated using the four guiding principles as noted below:
- Equal opportunity
TMML is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will endeavour to do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
TMML welcomes persons with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our services. The Company will ensure that its staff are trained and are familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing its goods or services.
TMML will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
TMML welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are permitted on the parts of TMML's premises that are open to the public, as designated by TMML.
TMML welcomes individuals with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Both the person with disabilities and the support person are permitted on the parts of TMML's premises that are open to the public, as designated by TMML.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, TMML will notify customers promptly. A clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notification will be posted appropriately, given the nature of the disruption. It may be placed on TMML's website (tmml.com), left on its toll free customer service phone line, (800) 265-5494, or posted on its front door at 758 Third Street in London, Ontario.
Training for staff
TMML will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario's Accessibility Laws and Regulations, and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities.
TMML will take the following steps to meet the training requirements as per the Ontario's Accessibility laws by January 1, 2015:
- develop a training program for existing and future employees;
- introduce an overview of this training and fundamentals to any new employee during Orientation; and
- within the first year of hire, provide more detailed training as per the training program.
Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis and/or when changes are made to our practices or procedures.
Accessible Emergency Information
TMML is committed to providing individualized emergency response information to its customers and employees who have a disability, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary, and if TMML is aware of the need for accommodation due to the customer’s or employee’s disability. TMML will provide this information as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the need for accommodation.
Where the customer or employee requires assistance, TMML will, with the consent of the customer or employee, provide the emergency response information to a person designated by TMML to provide assistance to the customer or employee.
TMML will review the individualized emergency response information as needed, and upon request by the customer or employee.
Documentation of individualized emergency response information will be provided in an accessible format to the customer or employee, upon request.
Information and communications
TMML is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. It will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
TMML has taken steps to make its new website and content on that site conform to WCAG 2.0, Level A.
TMML will take the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities, upon request, by January 1, 2015:
- customers who wish to provide feedback on the way TMML provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail, call or relay comments personally;
- all feedback will be directed to our to Customer Experience Manager;
- customers can expect to hear back within seven (7) days of receipt of the feedback; and
- complaints will be addressed according to the Company's regular complaint management procedures.
TMML will take the following steps to ensure all publicly available information is made accessible, upon request, by January 1, 2016:
- Develop and implement a process for TMML to receive and respond to requests for publicly available information to be made available in an accessible format.
TMML is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
TMML will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, TMML will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired by January 1, 2016:
- a notification and/or statement will be added to internal and external job postings that, as requested, TMML will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes; and
- existing employment processes will be reviewed to identify potential barriers for people with disabilities; proactively modify existing, or developing new employment processes to accommodate people with disabilities, as needed.
- TMML will continue the existing practice for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
TMML will review and modify existing processes or policies, related to an absence due to a disability, by January 1, 2016.
TMML will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account when using performance management, career development and redeployment processes by January 1, 2016.
TMML will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers by January 1, 2016:
- Any policy of TMML that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or eliminated, as applicable.
Design of Public Spaces
TMML will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include:
- Outdoor paths of travel, like sidewalks, ramps, stairs and curb ramps;
- Parking areas; and
- Service-related elements like service counters and waiting areas.
For More Information
For more information on this Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan, please contact:
Trudell Medical Marketing Limited's Director of Human Resources
Phone: 1 (800) 757-4881
Accessible formats of this document are available free of charge and upon request from: TMML, Director of Human Resources