Field Service Technician
Trudell Medical Marketing Limited “(TMML)” currently has an exciting opportunity for you as a Field Service Technician!
Our Company: Trudell Medical Marketing Limited is a Canadian, family-owned clinical and service-oriented distributor providing unique, innovative products to select segments of the Canadian healthcare market. With a skilled, knowledgeable and motivated team, the company is committed to exceeding our customer’s expectations in delivering cost effective solutions to improve patient outcomes.
The Position: The position of Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining, installing and repairing medical equipment within diagnostic/ventilation and other specialty products within customer locations. The position will be required to test the functionality of equipment/networking systems, take accuracy, sensitivity and selectivity measurements, and as part of the service department will support the sales team. This position will also provide customer and technical support.
- Assist with coordination of new equipment installations.
- Perform equipment installations within customer locations.
- Ensure to conduct pre-installation/pre-sale surveys.
- Ensure to acquire and prepare necessary equipment and products for installations.
- Provide demonstrations, information and data, and instruct others on the care and use of equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and modifications to equipment according to Company agreements and appropriate industry standards.
- Perform repairs and adjustments to electromechanical equipment.
- Ensure networks are set up in testing facilities.
Reports and Inspections
- Maintain required supplies inventory.
- Inspect and modify all electrical equipment.
- Ensure attendance during inspections and provide information to CSA inspector as required.
- Maintain adequate records of installations, repairs, and service activities to meet ISO and appropriate Company standards.
- Ensure high quality service is provided to our internal and external customers regarding installations, repairs and services.
- Act as technical resource and primary contact for diagnostic/ventilation services.
- Ensure customer complaints are handled in a timely and professional manner.
Requirements, Qualifications & Skills:
- College Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology, Electromechanical/Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in installations and repairs of electromechanical equipment and other health care equipment.
- Experience working in a hospital is an asset.
- Proven technical/mechanical skills to carry out services and repairs as required.
- Good time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Able to maintain an up to date understanding of medical equipment, technical requirements and repair procedures.
- A valid class 5 driver’s licence, and at least three (3) years’ driving experience with an ongoing satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
- A clear vulnerable sector/ criminal background check, appropriate for working in the hospital environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs (23kg).
- Ability to sit and stand, kneel, and bend while conducting repairs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Dexterity, enabling fine mechanical/technical work.
- Ability to travel.
- Home Office /Field Setting.
- Frequent interruptions.
- Compensation based on a regular work week of thirty-seven and one half (37.5) working hours, with additional working hours as required to meet ongoing business demands and to fulfill job responsibilities.
Since 1922, Trudell Medical Marketing Limited, a member of the Trudell Medical Group, has been a stable and financially sound Canadian-based employer, headquartered in London, Ontario. For over 90 years, we have enjoyed the reputation of being successful and trustworthy in the eyes of our customers, our suppliers and our staff. We are passionate about selling, servicing and distributing technologically advanced Critical Care and Respiratory products and state-of-the-art Operating Room products to hospitals across Canada.
We offer development opportunities, employee recognition, fair and equitable compensation. Please submit your resume, to Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information, visit us at www.tmml.com. Trudell Medical Marketing Limited is an equal opportunity employer it is important to our Company that all its employees, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. If you are a candidate with a disability who requires accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.